Infinity is an advanced maritime communication, bandwidth management and optimization solution implemented on board ships and platforms equipped with satellite communications systems (including Fleet Broadband and VSAT systems in the Ka, Ku or C‐band.) Infinity software is continuously developed and updated on a quarterly basis. It is designed in such a way that it continuously updates all installed units to incorporate new features as asked for by existing and prospective users.
Primary benefit: Satellite bandwidth management and optimization that compresses satellite data and reduces data usage, thereby increasing cost savings for ship management companies
Secondary benefit: The Infinity solution provides more than twenty communications enablement, business management, crew welfare, and security control features. Crew members get Internet access by buying Infinity pins of 50mb each, then log in to the onboard Wi-Fi network using their personal smartphones and tablets.
- A rugged industrial onboard computer or system server architecture where administrators on shore can manage the vessel’s satellite communications and network
- A virtual server uploaded with proprietary software, located onshore (using “Cloud” technology).
- A web-based password-protected interface through which customers can fully manage and control the settings of their ships (INFINITY Systems)
- A four-gigabyte local area network and virtual LANs
- Ship-to-Company free VoIP
- Compatible with Inmarsat, VSat and Iridium Openport
- Fanless Design Aluminum Compact Chassis
- Intel® Celeron Processor J1900 2.0GHz Processor
- 4GB DDR3, 1600MHz RAM
- 64GB SQF SATA 2.0 2.5in Industrial MLC HDD
- 64GB SSD SATA 2.0 2.5in Industrial MLC HDD
- 4 x Gigabit LAN Connectors
Fredrik Marine Support Services
- Hardware/Software Consultation – Our support team members are subject matter experts in the implementation of marine-specific hardware/software solutions and will provide in-depth information regarding each product’s capabilities.
- Full implementation services – As an authorized reseller of the Infinity, Fredrik Marine provides procurement, installation, training, and customer support services.
- Crew welfare applications, including calling and Internet access via ‘PINS’
- VOIP calling
- Email and Internet surfing with data compression, web acceleration to reduce costs and optimize performance of communication systems
- Fully managed firewall and router including “fleet wide rules”
- Failover recovery and load balancing
- Multiple security features including email/file filtering and audit trails
- Web Services (SOAP and XML)
- Virtual LANs
- Remote monitoring of critical functions