“If you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it.”
The fuel monitoring Sat Box has been configured to be able to interface with any flow meter model (volume, density, mass, temperature) and engines’ control panel (to capture RPM, clutches activation, engine load, etc.) to generate real time data and produce graphical reports to show fleet efficiency
It is a widely known fact that fuel theft is omnipresent in certain regions and generates a huge amount of money loss for ship managers and owners, and we seek to resolve this problem. The likelihood of fuel theft will be minimized with the installation of our fuel monitoring Sat Box.
- Automated Data Collection
- Connected to engine sensors (flowmeters) + RPM
- Integrated GPS
- Cloud based application for monitoring and review of historical data
- Detect Inter-tank Transfers
- Detect Mixing:
- Cappuccino bunkers: frothing/bubbling effect caused by compressed air blown through the delivery hose
- Fuel delivered with high water content: traces of water in bunker fuel are normally very low about 0.1-0.2% by volume. ISO 8217:2010 Fuel Standards for ‘Marine Residual Fuels’ gives the maximum allowable water content to be 0.5 % v/v.
- Detect Falsifying Documentation onboard:
- Questionable Tank Sounding (Calibration) Tables
- Incorrect Fuel Densities and Missing BDN Records (Bunker Delivery Note)
- Overstating Fuel Consumption
- Oil Record Book (ORB) errors
- Detect Falsifying Surveys: magic pipe is the most convenient and effective method to conceal bunkers, such as deliberate altering of temperature & sounding tapes
Services and Product Information
As brand and type of engines and flow meter vary across fleets and individual ships, a vessel survey will be done to pre-set necessary controls for an impeccable installation. The Sat Box is more flexible in the sense that it overcomes the issues of:
- Lack of standards (formats, protocols, etc.) in the shipping industry
- Proprietary systems (brands/companies) and associated collection solutions preventing ship-operators from deploying a single multi-brand solution onboard their fleets
- Move from a customized and expensive project to a near “off-the-shelf” solution i.e. flexible and opened solution
This system is a must-have for ship managers as the ability to detect differences in fuel for a voyage in similar navigational conditions can minimize the loss of millions of $$ in fuel costs.
The main purpose of this solution is to provide an integrated service based on 2 main components:
- SAT-Box by CLS device interfaces with onboard sensors (or a connection to the onboard monitoring system), such as mass flow meters and tachometer and stores, converts, processes and sends information in a secure and efficient way including GPS position.
- CLS web-based interface enables a smart access to the data collected on board and ancillary ones used to assess the vessel efficiency (AIS, weather and Sea Surface current….).
Ship managers need not fear that data be compromised as the fuel monitoring box contains tamperproof features:
- Tampering detector if transmitter is dismounted;
- Tamperproof screws;
- Tampering detector through warning message if the dome is opened.
The fuel monitoring SAT Box will have 2 years warranty from the date of purchase.
- Improve fleet efficiency
- Reduce fuel theft, which can cause millions of $ in losses
- Interface for onboard analog and digital sensors or automation system
- High reliability, 24 hrs, 365 days work without maintenance
- Lower costs of implementation
- Flexibility of customization
- Cost-effective data sat-transmission (advanced data frequency transmission module)